Italian Lentil Salad

This Lentil Salad is a delicious and healthy side dish or something a little different to take to your next picnic. Easy, economical and healthy, we love a salad that includes yummy and hearty lentils. Filling and satisfying, it's one I make a lot, especially this time of year when our schedules become more rigid with Back to School and everyone seeming to be heading in different directions. This salad keeps them fueled through a busy day!
Italian Lentil Salad
1 cup lentils
1 Red Pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 Green Pepper, deseeded and chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 small jalapeño, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup good quality Italian dressing, I used Newman's Own Organic Italian (or make your favorite!)
Directions: Prepare lentils as directed on package and while cooking, chop your veggies. Once lentils are cooked, remove from heat and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine lentils and all the vegetables, then the dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy! Do you have a favorite salad that you make for Labor Day picnics?

Comments

  1. I was looking at a bag of lentils in my cupboard just last night wondering what I should do with them. This is perfect, as I have a huge abundance of bell peppers right now also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the perfect recipe for those extras! Yummy and easy too :)!

      Delete
  2. A great idea. You are right, I need some fresh ideas for easy, fuel powered foods. Thank You!!
    We all love lentils and peppers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything that gives is that healthy energy kick throughout the day!

      Delete
  3. I am always looking for side dishes for barbecues and picnics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is perfect for that! I feed a lot of people :) it is a nice break from the traditional mayonnaise laden salad!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts