31 Days of Holiday: Baked Honey Apple Oat Bananas

Always up for a challenge, I figured it was time to participate in the Chiquita Banana Cooking Lab contest! I talked about this contest here but just to give you a reminder, Chiquita is giving away $4000 EACH WEEK to a lucky winner who creates a wonderful and inventive recipe based on their recommended ingredients. Each week, they will list their key ingredients they want you to use and then you are in the drivers seat! They encourage you to use your own ingredients and be creative and inventive while thinking of the recipe that you are going to create.

A couple of weeks ago, their ingredients were three staples that we always seem to have on hand…Chiquita Bananas of course, apples and oatmeal.  I started thinking about some different options and thought that we bake apples a but why not baked bananas?  These came out absolutely delicious and were a wonderful, healthy treat the whole family enjoyed!


Ingredients


  • Two bananas, peeled and cut it in half
  • Two apples, cord, peeled and chopped
  • One cup of old-fashioned oats, roughly chopped
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Half a teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon raw sugar
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Using a bit of your honey, coat the outside of your bananas generously and set aside
  3. In a medium-size bowl, combine your oats, apples, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla
  4. Stir Until combined - this make sure should be sticky enough to hold together, if not, you may need to add a little bit more honey
  5. Roll each each banana in coating until generously covered
  6. In prepared dish, bake for 35 minutes or until golden
  7. For extra goodness, serve with a bit of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
I loved how easy it was to submit the recipe - it literally took less than five minutes to submit.  I also love how easy it was to create a delicious recipe using these key ingredients.  It was so simple, that I wanted to create more fabulous recipes in my spare time.  My family thanks Chiquita too! 

Have you entered yet?  Head over here and accept this challenge!  $4k would be a great start to your holiday shopping season! 
#MMlovesChiquita #ChiquitaCookingLab Be sure to check out Chiquitabananas.com, facebook.com/chiquita, twitter.com/chiquita, instagram.com/chiquitabrands and pinterest.com/chiquitabrands to follow along!


For more of my 31 Days posts, visit my main directory page here!
Please note, I learned about this opportunity from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received the information directly from Chiquita. As a Moms MeetSM blogger, I agreed to post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the company.
Linking up over at Friendship Friday!


Comments

  1. Oh wow! I would have never been able to dream up this recipe. You're amazing. I hope you win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMO! That looks so delicious! No... I haven't entered yet. I forgot. UGH! Such memory issues at my age :) Have a great weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts