Fresh and Easy Flatbread Recipe

As Summer is sort of winding down (dare I say that), I'm finding myself wanting to spend as much time outside, soaking it all in as I possibly can.  That means, making the easiest lunches and dinners possible.  I am loving all the fresh veggies from the garden around here and often want something to go along with the salad!  The other day I had a pizza craving but wanted something a little different.  This flatbread was pretty much as easy as it gets.  Fresh salsa, a little mozzerella, garden tomatoes and fresh herbs from the garden.  Flavorful and easy - light too!  So good, you can eat two (and trust me, you'll want to!)
Fresh and Easy Flatbread
Flatbreads of your choice (I used Joesph's Garlic and Herb or Multigrain)
2 cups of grape, cherry or small tomatoes
1 cup of fresh salsa
1 cup mozzerella
Herbs of your choice (I love them all so I used basil but anything goes!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Divide your flatbreads and top each with salsa (as your sauce), tomatoes and herbs
Sprinkle with the amount of cheese you want
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy
Serve with a delicious salad
Enjoy!

I hope you are off to a wonderful weekend!  We fully plan to make the most of these last Summer weekends! 

Comments

  1. I love the addition of salsa, Jess! I bet it adds so much delicious flavor!! And yes....summer is winding down....not sure if I should jump for joy or cry!? It's been an interesting one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something I would enjoy for when I am cooking for myself. I will have to see if my little town has any of these breads available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple flat bread 'pizzas' for dinner! It's way too hot to enjoy the weather here but in a month or so I'll be soaking up the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts