Happy Friday Friends!Always excited for the weekend, we have pizza on most Friday nights. A few weeks ago I shared these Pesto Pizza Rolls which we all enjoy. Last week, we made another variation, just as tasty and a little more healthy...these Veggie Medley Pizza Rolls are a great way to get the kiddos their extra dose of vegetables. Rolled tightly into a little pizza roll? Yes please!
- 1 Pack of the Pizza dough of your choice. You can make homeade or in this case, I reached for Trader Joe's dough
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- A variety of your favorite veggies, chopped. I used green, yellow and red peppers, tomatoes and onions but anything goes!
- 1/2 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- herbs (basil, oregano)
- Cheese (optional)
- Sauté veggies in olive oil over medium heat until tender and set aside
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough into rectangle
- Spread your sauce over dough
- Add your veggies throughout the sauce
- Top with cheese and herbs
- Gently roll your dough and fold over to create one large and long calzone
- Slice into 12 pieces
- Transfer your pizza slices into lightly oiled pizza stone or muffin pan
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until crisp
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Linking up today over at The Chicken Chick and Townsend House - come share what you're eating!