A couple of weeks ago we had a few friends over for a dolly party. It was a fun afternoon with friends and dolls...with a light lunch, games and a couple of crafts. We found out that these girls love their dolls and love to craft! We made decided on a quick and easy dolly tutu that's sure to please. who knew these were so very simple and inexpensive to make?!
- Elastic band or one of those elastic headbands. You can easily find these in packs of 5 at your local dollar store or big box store. They usually come in assorted colors. Another option would be to use a ribbon as the waist band. Simply meausre the ribbon long enough to fit the waist of the doll.
- Select your tulle. Fabric stores have some great deals on tulle right now in preperation for costumes! Snag a coupon from your paper too to get the deepest discount. We used pink and purple. I tried not to offer too many options, I just wanted to keep it simple.
- Silk flowers (optional), ribbon
- Hot glue
- For the party, I had each craft set ready in a bundle for the girls. This made things easier for them. They each had their tulle, flowers and elastic bands and were ready to craft.
- Cut the tulle. You'll need to decide how long you want your tutu to be. It's not critical to get your measurements specific (we're talking a doll tutu here). In general, we cut the strips about 24 inches long, 3 inches wide for our 6 inch doll. A total of 30 strips.
- Fold your tulle in half (end to end) and create a little loop. Pull the tail through the band (similar to a slip knot) and pull tight. Continue until you've covered your elastic band and created your tutu.
- We attached a few ribbons to the band along the tulle for a little additional color.
- Finally, we hot glued a flower in the center.
- You're done!