And now for some more useless information about yours truly...
I'll admit I'm a child of the '70s. Do you think the decade you were born in influences your future tastes? I think it does. No matter how laughable it seems, I can't help it...I love disco. I mean, LOVE disco. There is something about these tunes that makes me smile. I'm a shy girl but seriously, nothing makes me want to get up and groove like these old tunes. I've compiled a list of some of my favorites from the 70's. Don't judge me...come along on this journey of daisies and bell bottoms...
1. La Freak by Chic (1978)
2. You Should be Dancin' by the Bee Gees (1976)
3. Tell Me Something Good by Rufus and Chaka Khan (1974)...not really disco but on the verge and full of funkadelic
4. Hot Stuff by Donna Summer (1978)
5. Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees (1977) Tony Manera struts as he grabs a slice a pizza and carries a bucket of paint, enough said. I wasn't allowed to watch that movie, but that opening scene was it for me and lead to my 80's John Travolta obsession
6. Dancin' Queen by Abba (1976) I could pretend that I didn't have an entire routine choreographed to this song that I worked on nightly but I won't
7. Boogie Oogie Oogie by A Taste of Honey (1978)
8. You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate (1976)
9. Heaven Must be Missing An Angel by Tavares (1976)
10. Dancin' in September by Earth Wind and Fire (1975)
I wish I was old enough to go to Studio 54 back in the day. By the time I was old enough to hit the bars I was dressed in a plaid flannel and listening to Nirvana. Still, I think I would have sported that Farrah Fawcett hair with the best of them. Not the red bathing-suit but the hair? Maybe.
Now, fess up...do you have a favorite disco song or is their a particular decade that has your very favorite tunes? I'd love to hear!
Happy Retro Monday Friends!